Monday, September 22, 2008

A different shade of Christmas

Here are the cards I mentioned a few posts ago using the Seasons of Joy stamp set. I really do love this set, I know I keep saying it, but it is so versatile and so pretty. Anywho, I set myself a challenge to make a couple of cards using non-traditional Christmas colors. Here is the first card using river rock, whisper white, night of navy and bashful blue cs, river rock, night of navy & bashful blue inks, some ribbon and misc rhinestones for the centre of the snow flakes. I am pretty sure I have seen something along these lines scs at some stage.
So the whole not using traditional colors thing almost went out the window with this one, but I think I salvaged my challenge by matting it all to taken with teal cs. Does that count? Each of the stamps has been embossed with silver ep, then embellished with a bit of gold ep. It needed a little something so out with the ever trusty mat pack for the paper piercing in the corner. The photo actually doesn't do it justice, it looks much better IRL.

2 comments:

Philippa Petty said...

I love this one. Can't get enough of embossing. A couple of more work shops and our chrissy card's will be done.

Kristin Eberline said...

I really like this Christmas card! Very elegant :O)