Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Obsessive Embossing

So ever since my heat tool arrived, I have been embossing anything and everything! I love new tools and learning new techniques, and last week at Yvonne's workshop she showed us a card that had a real "WOW" factor. I have tried to re-create something similar in this next card (which does look better IRL). I used the Time Well Spent hostess stamp set for the butterflies, cameo coral, whisper white & old olive cs, cameo coral & perfect plum ink, versa mark, heat tool, heat & stick powder, glitter & cb. I love the glittery effect and best of all, you don't get covered in sparkles every time you touch it because the heat & stick powder has completely set the glitter.
And then I discovered the "resources" section of SCS!!!! This next card demonstrates the resist embossing technique. I do feel very professional as I type that, LOL!! So the large flower stamped with versa mark, clear embossing powder then heat set. I sponged on the taken with teal & cameo coral inks then wiped off the excess ink with a tissue. The ink rubs right off the embossed area to really make the image "POP". The rest of the card is stamped as usual and for a little bit extra (cause I really love bling) I added rhinestones to the centres of each of the little flowers. I hope you enjoy looking as much as I have enjoyed making!

No comments: