Thursday, December 18, 2008

FIVE & FABULOUS!!

My first baby is five now, I cant believe it! We had such a lovely day, and OMG, the creative cards she got!! Put mine to shame. I experimented with some acetate paper for mine, I definitely need more practise, but anyway, here it is...
Mum did a great job with hers, combining punches, designer paper, embossing etc, I can really see her confidence growing (now that I let some of "our" stamps live at her house lol!)And Mum never cases a card, they are always her work, which is really saying something because I am always getting my inspiration for someone!
And, Phil really went outside of her square creating a gorgeous handbag card. Phil usually needs to see something made, and then she is fine, but for this one, she had to read and follow instructions off the net, so her effort is outstanding, and the result, a SMASH (I love bags!!)
Miss Sarah blew me away with her card, it is simply stunning! There is not much more I can say! Maybe it is time for Sarah to have her own blog :)
All the effort that went into Logan's cards were unfortunately lost on her, she really only cared about the presents, but Ladies, I LOVED them!! Thank you, and they have made my blog look so pretty!!

There is a special surprise on its way all the way from Colorado, which I hope will excite Logan. Sylvia from Sylvia's Stamping Corner is one of my blogging friends has made her a card too. For a sneak peak take a look at Sylvia's blog because it is a gorgeous card!

And now, brag time, here is my baby first thing with her pressies
& thanks for Auntie Rochelle for making such a pretty cake!And a party, just isn't a party without a bit of dancing on the bed! Look at Miss Matilda with a torch in her hand, she was pretending it was a mic!
Hope your lead up to Christmas is as full of happy memories as mine!

3 comments:

Philippa Petty said...

Wow. What great cards. Just think last year all the crappy cards we gave the kids, and now we are such creative women. I love Logans dress she was wearing. It's got a nice 60's style to it.

Anonymous said...

Leonie, All the cards are beautiful. And Logan looks like she is havin such a good time. I just finished posting, up late again. You need to take a look because I am doing purse bags for gift bags for my card making friends here and I posted the first one that I made tonight. I noticed that someone made Logan a purse card. Have a good rest of your week!

Liam said...

Wow I love your blog especially your corset card. Love that card very inspirational. Thank you for your lovely comments and following my blog. Thank you also for inspiring me as well.Happy birthday to your little girl she looks so happy. I hope she had a great day.

regards

Liam