Saturday, January 31, 2009

Twlight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge

I felt like all of my Christmases had come at once when I stumbled across this Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge Blog! I mean, I have been obsessing over Edward since I read Twilight and now I have found a place where I can create cards all about Edward and his life, I mean, does it get any better than this? I am a little bit embarrassed to admit this but I brought a poster of Edward & Bella through the week to put up in my craft room! I feel like I am 15, I remember doing this when I was at uni with Romeo & Juliet Posters! lol! Oh well, we all need a little eye candy in our lives huh? Anyway, back to the challenge. This weeks challenge was to take inspiration from the sound track, which I love, love love! by the way! My fav songs are Flightless Bird by Iron & Water & of course Bella's Lullaby by Carter Burwell, here is my entry:
I really struggled to get a decent photo because it is night time. I will try again tomorrow outside, but I found some sheet music and printed it onto very vanilla card stock , then punched one edge with the spiral punch so it looks as if it was torn from Edwards notebook in the wee hours of the morning when he was not needing to sleep and couldn't get his Bella out of his mind, so he wrote her a lullaby (sigh). Then I found a picture of Edward & Bella at the Prom, and I punched some card stock to make it look like a Polaroid picture (hard to see in this photo), and I added a picture of an old fashioned piano for good measure! I want to say thank you to the design team at Twilight Tuesday for such an awesome challenge, you have made my boring old Saturday night:)

3 comments:

Philippa Petty said...

That is fantastic. I can't believe there are people so many people out there like us. Can you put the link up so I can have a look. Ta lovey

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I cannot believe I missed this post!!! This is beautiful! I love what you did :) Very creative!
I'm so happy you are joining in on our challenges!!!

Sam said...

Hey Leonie,

Are you getting all psyched to go buy your DVD? I wonder if we will get the 3 disc version here, or just the two disc and the Blu Ray? I'm a bit confused as to which to get...what about you?

Bring on Wednesday...or is it Thursday?

:-)
Sam.