Sunday, January 25, 2009

Makeesha's Challenge #3

I have decided to play along with Makeesha's inspiration challenge, here is the photo:
I used the petals of the flowers as my inspiration, I have been trying to think of different ways to use punches as we have a punches workshop coming up in a couple of weeks and I would love to have a ton of samples and sell a ton of punches as a result!lol! Anyway, here is the card that I have come up with for the challenge:
And while I was putting this flower together a thought struck me that gee, this looks a little like a peacocks tail, so my flower inspired this card:
I remembered seeing a peacock inspired card over at Karen Thomas' blog (see links) so I headed over to there to figure out how to do the body. Can you tell I have been having way too much fun preparing for the "punches" workshop?
And Happy Australia Day Long Weekend to all, even if you are not here in Oz, throw a lamb chop on the barbie and celebrate Aussie style!

9 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Your hand must be hurting after all that punching - LOL. Great work though - LOVE the peacock!
Happy Australia Day to you to!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Leonie they both look great! I really want to learn more punch art.

Philippa Petty said...

What a cool little peacock. Very cute.

Dani Fender said...

Love that peacock it is sooo cute! I need to invest in oval punches dammit!

Happy Australia Day

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Love the peacock! ;-)

Anonymous said...

HI Leonie
Just love your punch cards
Wath a great idea I have a punch worksop coming up soon and I will be putting my puch cards on my blog soon so I hope this will help you out as your has help me thanks for sharing thanks for commenting on my blog Happy stamping
Teresa

Unknown said...

Hi Leonie
Just love the punch cards I laso have a punch workshop coming up so I will be putting my cards on my blog soon hope this will help you as your have help me thanks for shareing Happy Stamping
Teresa Brown

Unknown said...

Hi Leonie
Just love the punch cards I laso have a punch workshop coming up so I will be putting my cards on my blog soon hope this will help you as your have help me thanks for shareing Happy Stamping
Teresa Brown

Ramona Michaluk said...

Great cards Leonie - I loved the peacock idea when I saw it on Karen's blog but you've done a wonderful job with your card too!
I must look at my punches and use them more often in different ways.
Thanks for sharing the ideas!