Friday, January 30, 2009

I am so grumpy with this incredibly hot weather at the moment! Grrrr, but it was worse yesterday when our entire suburb lost power! No air con, no fans, no TV, 2 hot sweaty kids and, clearly, a very grumpy Mum! Anyway, I was lying on the couch being grumpy again today, when a thought struck me...the kids are occupied, hubby is sleeping, too hot for house work or cooking, stop being grumpy and make a card. So I did:I am going to do a workshop on folding techniques in March so I thought I better learn a few first! I logged onto SCS and read the Dahlia Fold tutorial, and it was very easy. So I used the afternoon tea dsp for the flower, groovy guava, very vanilla & close to cocoa card stock (I find this color combo delicious). I stamped the guava c/s with the background stamp from Looks like Spring set, and the vanilla c/s with the flowers from Live your Dream set with groovy guava ink. Finished off with a brad in the centre of the flower and some very vanilla taffeta ribbon. Stay Cool! (Soon I will be complaining of the cold I am sure)

3 comments:

Philippa Petty said...

Love this card. The colours are wow. So is this what where doing for the March workshop. I'm glad your on the ball. Right now I can't think of anything except heat.

Debbie Pamment said...

You've done a terrific job - can't believe you've just learnt this!!! I've found the heat has sapped all my energy -am impressed you had enough to create!

Ramona Michaluk said...

Beautiful card - love the gorgeous flower and the colours work so well together!
I have this flower on my list of things to try - sourced it awhile ago but you know what it's like -
so many wonderful ideas but so little time .....
Great job Leonie!