Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nothing Like A Challenge

It has been such a long time since I have played along with one of Kristina's Color Challenges, and I have to say that I have missed it, and since I have been having some trouble with inspiration since my holiday, I thought I would try to get my juices pumping with a challenge.These are not colors I would put together, I guess that makes it a challenge huh? Anyway, I got to use my 'just arrived' Friends 24/7 set and coupled it up with the fresh cuts set. I also used my friendly words wheel. There is plenty of sponging and distressing too. I was going for a "vintage" kind of look which is not something I find easy to pull off, especially with the light colors, but I am happy with the way it turned out. I am having trouble getting great photos, so if you have any tips, they would be greatly appreciated! TFL!

11 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Very nice! I love the way you tore those papers to create a neat background. Great job with the colors.

JadedOne said...

I like the elegance of your card :) For tips on your picture.. you should take the card near sunlight without the flash on. I'm not sure what kind of camera you have but I have a Canon SD1100. I turn the flash off and then put it on Macro (the flower icon) setting. Hope that helps!

Dotty said...

I know what you mean about putting these colors together. It was difficult for me also. Love your card and the distressing. Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Sue Lelli said...

Loved your card! Love the vintage look!

Fluro lighting works well, too, if there is no sunlight. No flash and macro is the key (but it's still difficult!!!)

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love the vintage look of your card. What a great job!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love the distressed elegance of your card. Great job with the color challenge.

Randee E said...

I really like just the peekaboo of blue showing through. Great combination of 3 different stamps... It really does give it that vintage feel.

Philippa Petty said...

Lovely card. How exciting using your new 24-7.

Liam said...

Leonie,

Very clever card. Love it. Liam

Stamping Cafe said...

Simply gorgeous and elegant! Love it!!

Sylvia said...

This is a gorgeous card. It should have been in the twenty! Yes I am still busy packing, painting decks, sanding, cleaning. I am sick of boxes!!!!! I hope to play tomorrow even if it is just a minute or two.