Thursday, January 15, 2009

Kellie's Challenge

I was over at Kellie Winnell's blog the other day and she had set herself a color inspiration challenge, so I thought I would play along. The colors were close to cocoa, groovy guava, rose red, blush blossom & elegant eggplant. I also added old olive for the stems of my flowers!
I had been wanting to make this kind of card since I saw it on Karen Thomas' blog ages ago, and Kellie's colors gave me the perfect opportunity to do so. Phil & I also have a punches workshop coming up, so we thought we might do something similar there, but the flowers will be made out of scallop punches rather than stamped I think, anyway, I digress... Thanks for the inspiration Kellie, it was fun!
And, I have been a busy bee this week and whilst I had drawn the winner to my blog candy, I had not got around to posting the winner, so, drum roll please.(dosh, dosh, dosh {that is not what a drum roll sounds like but anyway..}) The winner is Kathryn Mangelsdorf, thanks for leaving your comments Kathryn, the ribbon is in the post today. If you want to check out Kathryn's blog, click here, it is worth your while to take a look! And, thanks to everyone else for your sharing your New Year Resolutions, it was fun reading them:)

2 comments:

Kellie said...

WOW your card has blown me out of the water! It's gorgeous and something I would had never thought of myself. I may have to give this one a go. I'm stoked you loved my little colour challenge. xx

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

Hi Leonie,
I am really excited about winning the ribbons, thanks very much for your generousity.
I will be looking out for Mr Postman in the coming days for some mail which are not bills! Love your blog and ideas.