Wednesday, October 13, 2010

40th Pop Up

I have been dying to share this card, but I have been so busy I just have not had the chance! A couple of weeks ago, a good friend of ours turned 40. By day he is a fireman but in his spare time, he is a magician. He is always thrilling our kids with his magic tricks and balloon characters. He is very fun to be around! And, he is always a great admirer of my card creations, so I wanted to make him something he would remember, and with some help from my clever friend Phil, I came up with this magic hat:But the real surprise is inside. I popped the letters of the word 'forty' inside on acetate. I remembered this technique a while back from a card on Liams blog, and it was so simple to do!Here is a close op of the pop up:
And my magician friend seemed to love his card, so that was great! Ciao for now!

7 comments:

Liam said...

Very clever. Love it.

Liam

Emma said...

what a great card Leonie! Love the pop up forty, looks awesome!

Patrice said...

Wow, super cool! You did a fab job of this card Leonie.

Debbie Pamment said...

FABULOUS!!!!! What an awesome idea!
xXx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This looks so awesome! Love it and so appropriate for your friend!

Philippa Petty said...

Yes this card was brillent. I'm glad Tom loved it.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Fantastic idea ... and such a funky design! Hugs xxaxx