Friday, September 17, 2010

Stamp Club Techniques

I keep meaning to share this gorgeous card, but every time I take photos, I keep forgetting, well this morning I remembered, only a month later!
Isn't it divine. It is from the ever so gorgeous Liam, from inspirestampin. I am a long time admirer of her work, and now I am lucky enough to have my very own! lol! Isn't she a clever, clever girl! Thanks again Liam :)

These are the cards we did at our last stamp club get together. I always try to demonstrate a new technique, so the girls have the opportunity to learn something new. I had had a request for a scratch and sniff card, so it was a great time to give them a go. They were so fun to make, the hardest part was finding the smelly stuff!
And this one was made with pencils. There was a tutorial on the SCS newsletter (cant remember what the technique was called) but I know that our SU pencils were not the same type of pencils they used, but it worked out pretty well anyway.
And here is one using greens and yellows:And lastly, one we made with crayons direct to rubber! Some of my fellow demo's on stampin connections were kind enough to help me out with this technique, as I couldn't quite remember how it was done! Colour the crayon direct to the stamp, mist with water then stamp, I was forgetting to mist, and low and behold, I couldn't get the colour to transfer! We get there in the end, and a lovely result too!
This was the last month of this particular stamp club, and we have had a lovely half year! The next one will be starting tonight, at my Launch Party for the new catalogue, and I am sure we will have just as much fun!

3 comments:

Sam said...

Wow...they are all beautiful cards Leonie! I really love the colours and layout of the first one. You are a lucky girl!

Have a great weekend :-)
Sam.

Philippa Petty said...

Yes this is a fantastic card by Liam. She always amazes me.

And the stamp club cards are great. Everyone I show thought they where work of arts. Very clever technique. Thanks for the invite to stamp club.

Alison said...

I love the crayon/mist effect, they look fantastic. And the ones with the black and white effect are great - I must give these a try. Hope your new Stamp Club and Launch went off with a bang.
xox