Thursday, April 22, 2010

One Layer Challenge

As soon as I saw my friend Sylvia had played along in Kristina Weners One Layer Challenge, I knew I wanted to give it a go too, but would I find the time? Well, yes! Funny how other things just don't seem to "need" to get done as much as they did this morning before I had an idea! lol!

I have been fooling around with the chalk board technique lately, using my pastels (there is an easy tutorial over on SCS) and I knew that would be the perfect technique for this challenge! Here is my entry:
So I used my new vintage vogue stamp set, and the sentiment is from the sincere salutations. I tried it first on kraft card stock, but it did not have the same impact as it does on the black. I drew the boarder on with my white gel pen and there you have it! A simple, one layered card! It was very difficult to resist adding brads to the center of those flowers, let me tell you, but I guess that is why it is called a challenge! Hope you are enjoying your day :)

3 comments:

Philippa Petty said...

Cool challenge. I agree it's hard not to add brads and other embellishments.

Sylvia said...

Leonie, I am glad to see that my card inspired you to do Kristina's challenge. I so miss her challenges. It is amazing how much time it takes to do a one layer card. I ruined four card fronts before I got two I liked. Love you card! My world is busy as well. Thanks for the link.

Ayana Posadas said...

Ohh, very nicely done!
I love the way the colors look on black card stock. So elegant. :)