Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's like a heatwave...

Yikes, yesterday was a scorcher! And what a terrible nights sleep to boot! It was sooooo hot, I left our air con all night! My poor hubby had to work last night (at least he didnt have to work in the heat of the day) So when I went out to give my poor dying plants a drink, I found 5 of our baby ferrets dead. They were only a few weeks old the heat got the better of them. I rang hubby at work to let him know and when he got home this morning he found 4 more dead! The adults all survived but the male is not looking to good. What a day! They say today might reach 40 again, but with a cool change coming through...bring on that cool change, I am melting...

Anyway, on to a lighter note, here are a couple of cards I have made using some punches and my newest set "Stem Sayings" which I got for less than $20 in the inventory sale! Bargain! I have to say that I am loving textured paper at the moment. It is one of those things I buy and never use because I want to save it for a "special" card! I am trying to make some really simple cards at the moment because I am feeling very "uncreative". My girls have been punching their little hearts out too, they love punch art almost as much as me. They have made the most adorable mermaids. Matilda has made a sunflower and while Logan was messing about with some shapes she had punched, she ended up creating a bunny. I will have to take a photo and post them.

Anyway, here is card number two. I love, love, love ladybugs! I have always had a fascination with them for some reason. I thought I might save this one for Matilda's birthday ( I always forget to make my own kids cards) because the sentiment is perfect for her and she makes the most beautiful little ludy bug when she dresses up!
And here is a picture of the little lady bug herself at her 3rd birthday party in 2009.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Lovely cards Leonie. So sorry to hear that the heat was too much for your ferrets. I hope you get a cool change soon.

Kellie said...

Naaw I am so sorry to hear about the little ferrets, hopefully with a cool change the male gets better quickly.

Gorgeous cards Leonie! I am LOVING the cupcake card! What a gorgeous photo of a little girlbug, hehe!

Hugs Kel xx