Monday, December 14, 2009

Alter Something - Challenge

Roses on Paper have a fantastic "Alter Something" Challenge. They suggested a gift but I actually altered a pair of these paper mache reindeer to create a decoration for my hall stand.


I spent most of Friday putting on layers of white paint, then Saturday I tipped about a tub and a half of dazzling diamonds over them so they really shine IRL, then I sprayed them with an acrylic sealer a couple of times, then finally on Sunday night I got to adorn their beautiful silver ribbons, and add them to my hall stand! Yay!Here is how they look as part of the ensemble! Unfortunately, you really cant see the sparkle, but just imagine...
I also altered these plain silver tins of nuts in the gorgeous Holiday Harmony DSP. I brought two packets of it to simplify my Christmas card making and after posting them all out I realised that I have not even opened them up! I tend to horde dsp for some reason!
Anyway, I forgot to take a before photo but they look 100% prettier now. I also created little tags with the Punch pals stamp set. This set is awesome for quick little projects like that, and it even has a To: From: stamp, perfect for tags!

10 comments:

Philippa Petty said...

Oh very cute. Love the reindeers. Very crafty.

Liam said...

Love your christmas projects they look devine. I am sure those reindeers will look so sparkly in real life. It is so hard to photograph that glitter. More great ideas for christmas.

Liam

Robyn said...

Leonie ...all your Christmas creations are absolutely beautiful! Just love your hall table!!

Jen Mitchell said...

So festive! I love those reindeer.

pf said...

Gosh you have been busy with all your card making lately. Those reindeer are stunning and the who ever gets those tins of nuts will feel very special!

I'll get Codey to look at the kids artwork soon and select a winner.

If you miss the next Stamp Camp you will also miss out on celebrating my birthday...I've already booked it (with hubby for now) so that he knows that's my weekend for my birthday!

Paula :)

Alison said...

I love the reindeers they are gorgeous, so simple yet so effective (beautiful colour scheme on your table). And those tins of nuts are a great way to make a gift a little more special.

Susannah Iredale said...

I love your work Leonie, especially the reindeers they are so beautiful. We should try to catch up on the holidays. Send me a text with your name on it as I have lost most of my mobile numbers stupid phones dont even know why I have one.

Sam said...

Your reindeer look so beautiful Leonie, as does your hall table!!

Bet you had fun cleaning up the Dazzling Diamonds afterwards...but you can never have too much Dazzling Diamonds ;-).

Have a great weekend,
Sam.

Debbie M said...

OMG! WOW! with the reindeer! And your display is totally awesome and so are your decorated tins! Did I say WOW!

Debbie M

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful projects!!! I bet your house is STUNNING at Christmas with your creative flair!
Have a GREAT one and stay SAFE - we have more Singstar to do in 2010 - LOL
xXx