Sunday, April 5, 2009

Some Exciting News & a Challenge

So the Raspberry Suite Color Challenge involved kraft, vanilla, red, pink & berry! This was screaming baby card to me which must have been the theme for the morning because now I see that is also the challenge at Magnolia Down Under! Great minds! Anyway, here is my entry for the color challenge, and then I have some very exciting news...
For this card I used a kraft base, and I randomly stamped some circles from the pick a petal set with versamark, then dabbed pink chalk over the top. I think this technique is called poppin pastels, and the circles have quite an orangy tone, I like it! Anyway, for my other colors I used the new in color range including riding hood red, pink pirouette, tangerine tango and very vanilla coupled with the nursery necessities set and the nursery letters wheel. I also had some pink flowers that I colored with red & orange ink and topped with a half pearl. Anyway, now for some news... I have been published! Ha! How exciting is that? I have 2 cards in this months addition of For Keeps Creative Paper. Here, take a look at my pride & joy:
And, look at my name in print!!!! I get a kick out of it every time I look at it (which is often! lol!)
In case you cant tell, I am pretty stoked! This is the first time I have been published and I am quite excited.

16 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Woo hoo - congrats to you!!! OMG that sounds like a cheesy song!! LOL.
I loved this boot card when I first saw it - even have it printed off in my "to do" file because my daughter is a shoe nut, and bought this cuttlebug folder as a result too!! Am sooo proud of you - do I get a signed copy - LOL.

Love your challenge entry card too.

Robyn said...

Ooooooooh!!! How exciting Leonie! Congratulations- your "boots" are AMAZING!!

Philippa Petty said...

Yes you are a very clever girl. I am very excited for you. Can't wait for the next Leonie Hegarty masterpiece. Well done lovey.

Liam said...

Congrats on being published and I love your card for the challenge as well. Very clever.

Liam

Madonna said...

Congratulations on the publication Leonie!! It's a thrill isn't it??

purple_cath said...

Well Done Leonie! that is a fantastic achievement! Im going to have to come to one of these workshops I think to grab some of that knowledge and absorb some of those creative juices!

Kristina said...

Awesome card! I love the little embellishments you used: the flower, star, and moon. Such a great touch!

Sam said...

Big congrats on being published Leonie. Your work rocks!

Love the Raspberry Suite Colour Challenge card too...so vibrant and fun.

Best wishes,
Sam.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun scallop card. You rocked Dawn's color combo!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Sylvia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I love the cards.

Nancy L. said...

Congrats on being published and that card is just darling!!!

Jen said...

Congratulations Leonie!

Emma said...

Congrats on being published Leonie!! The cards look fantastic!

Winter said...

Cute card! Congrats on getting published! :)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW congrats Leonie, looks fabulous!

Michelle said...

Congratulations, Leonie! You do fabulous work and I am really happy that you are being recognized for it in a publication. Great work!