Sunday, November 16, 2008

Morning Mist

I am most certainly not a morning person, but maybe if I lived in this card, I could easily bounce out of bed for a brisk early morning walk with the fog just beginning to lift, the early birds catching their worms, the first rays of the sun, just peeping through, ah, sounds nice.
Anyway, back to the real world where I am definitely a night owl! lol! I checked out Michelle Zindorf's blog because quite a while ago I purchased a brayer and I am yet to use it, and she has a gazillion tutorials of stunning designs that utilise a brayer, however, I came across this one that does NOT use a brayer and it was screaming at me to give it a whirl, so here it is.
I am really happy with the finished result. She is very talented and has a great knack for writing tutorials that are easy to follow. I had to use different colors as we don't have Baja Breeze here in OZ and I don't own Soft Sky (tut tut).
My trees are from Lovely as a Tree stamp set. I stamped the faintest tree in bashful blue and sponged a little in the centre, then sponged a little taken with teal around that, then I stamped the second trees with Blue Bayou, sponged around the taken with teal, then I sponged a little Night of Navy around that, stamped the last trees in Basic Black, and sponged the edges & corners. The little birdy is from Live Your Dream Stamp Set that is in the new summer mini catalogue, due for release 1st December (contact me if you want a sneak peek), which I stamped in Basic Black using my stampamajig for perfect placement. I used a black marker to create a little shadow under his feet. I put some gold brads in the corners, matted onto Blue Bayou CS then on River Rock. Tahdah!

No comments: