Thursday, November 13, 2008

Not Just Color Challenges

If I look over my recent posts it looks like all I have been creating is color challenges, when the truth is I have been very busy chopping cards, creating gifts, packing and re-packing my boxes all for my first in home demonstrations over the weekend (nerves!!) Here is some of the stuff I have been doing.
My DD4 will be starting her first year of school next year. As this has been the theme of my life for the past few weeks I thought I would follow through and create my hostess gifts along these same lines. Aren't these little back packs just the cutest? Two lucky hostesses will be receiving these backpacks this weekend for hosting a party. I have popped the little thank you card in the front pouch and there is a stamp in the main part of the bag. I found directions for the back packs here and I created the little thank you cards to match. I attended the Stampin Up Melbourne Regionals on the weekend and we received the Live Your Dream stamp set, which is where the thanks stamp is from. The blue back pack & card is made with bashful blue cs & summer picnic dsp (if you like this paper, hurry up and order as it is going on the 30th November) I also added certainly celery cs to the card. The pink bag is made with cameo coral cs and the brand new ginger blossom dsp (which is available as of December 1st). The card also has river rock cs.
I have made this cute little hat box to give away as a door prize at the demonstration. I found this template on here on SCS too. It was really simple to make. The stamp set is called embrace life, and I used real rust cs, ink and ginger blossom dsp. I think it is the most beautiful DSP I have ever seen!! I am in love with it.
And, how fabulous is this Darth Vader card. Thanks so much to Yvonne Campbell for sharing her idea. You truly are a genius. I have made this card for one of our very good friends Michael who has celebrated his 31st birthday this week. He is going to loooove this card. If you want to make a Darth Vader card, you can get the template and instructions from Yvonnes blog

The other thing I have been doing is replying to emails. SCS added my corset card to their inklings newsletter this week which is most exciting!!! Thanks to Mel for letting me know. Today I turned on my computer and HELLO - 51 emails in my inbox, most of them requesting the template. There are more emails still flooding in, but I have since uploaded the template to a thread on the newsletter so that should help. I have to say that am very flattered and a little bewildered. I love that card, but I am so surprised that others do to. I truly love sharing what I do with people and I love that others share what they do. It is awesome, thanks to everyone for their very kind comments :) You have made my day!

1 comment:

Leanne Saunders said...

Wow Leonie! Congrats on the corset card on SCS!! Well deserved!