Monday, November 17, 2008

Harvest

My little garden fairies and I have had the best fun in the sun today, harvesting our onions, garlic, leeks and potatoes. This photo was Logans idea, she set up the box of veggies outside their cubby, told Matilda where to sit and said "How about we do our hands like this and say Tah Dah instead of cheese"
I think it was a bit early to dig up the potatoes, because there were a bunch of teeny tiny ones, but boy did we have fun, it was like digging for gold, especially when we found a decent size one. I have to admit that I got a little teary eyed hearing the girls squeals of delight.
And, there were also a few ripe strawberries to munch as we worked (before the birds got them, yay!) I am so pleased the girls have enjoyed growing the veggies as much as I have, there was not one argument while we were doing this, and the team work and sharing that I saw made me very proud. Now all I need is a recipe for a mountain of garlic, stacks of little funny shaped onions, skinny leeks and a handful of teeny tiny tatters...any ideas?

3 comments:

Philippa Petty said...

OMG. I am so jealous. Can you please come around to my house and help me grow something other then weeds. I planted potatoes and they didn't grow. I am so not a green thumb.

Judy said...

What lovely photo's of your girls and your harvest. These are days that you will always remember.

Anonymous said...

Leonie, Love the veggies. Mine are indoors now. I brought in my tomatoes and bell peppers. I have enough sun that I have them all winter. Is it too warm there for potato and leek soup? You can use a little of the garlic as well. If it is too warm, how about a potato and leek salad, like a potato salad? Anyway enjoy yur fun. Hope I am not intruding. I love your cards!!!!