Sunday, November 2, 2008

CHING CHING!!

I saw this card on split coast ages ago and new that I wanted to make one like it. After I took the photo I fiddled with the coins a little and now they look a bit better, not so straight, but I didnt have it in me to take another photo, download, resize etc. I used the Tart and Tangy stamp set for this card. This set is awesome, so versatile. I have so many cards on my to do list that utilises this set. Anyhow, I used my computer to generate the "Jackpot" and "Happy Birthday" and punched them out the the round tab punch. I colored the cherry stamp in with real red and garden green markers, then punched with the 1 1/4" square punch, then punched the gray bg with the 1 3/8" square punch. I used the 1 3/8 circle punch to do the coins. Ans lastly , I made the pull down lever with scrap paper. I remember Mum & her friends going on Pokie Weekends away before Victoria had pokie machines. I think I will save this card for one of their birthdays, I am sure they would get a kick out of it :)

2 comments:

Judy said...

Love the card, Leonie. I can remember playing the occasional poker machines with the levers. They were more fun then just pressing buttons.

Anonymous said...

WOW, this is what poker machines were all about, the handle. I can remember them too. Just been up to Vic/NSW border for a wedding and it felt right to play the pokies at the RSL club. I love this card and I have a friend who has just had a hip op who loves going on pokie trips so I just might have to make her one. Love your blog, saved to my favourites now. Marls