Saturday, October 18, 2008

My New Favorite Technique

I have found this wonderful technique on SCS called resist embossing, and I have to say that I love it! It has such a classy, elegant finish. The first card is completely cased from a very creative lady Michelle Zindorf, and a step by step tutorial can be found here. I used Sahara sand, more mustard, really rust and garden green cs. The bird is from the always set from the mini catalogue, was inked with really rust ink, then loaded up with versamark, stamped and then clear embossed. I used the same technique with the flourishes from brocade basics set using close to cocoa ink, and the branches are also from the always set and simply clear embossed so the Sahara sand color shines through (I dint have that ink).
Next I covered the top half of the card with scratch paper and sponged the bottom half with certainly celery ink. Next I covered the middle of the card with a small bowl and sponged around with mellow moss, then sponged the edges with handsome hunter. I wiped the excess ink off the card so the embossed areas shine through and this is the end result. Just to finish it off I clear embossed over the whole area to make it all shiny. Pretty cool huh?
These were the first cards that I tried the technique on. I cant remember what inks and card stock is used here, but I think it would look great no matter what shades you use. These were made using the baroque motifs set and a misc butterfly stamp. Hey, if you have tried this technique I would love to see your cards, put a link in the comments and I will check them out.

No comments: