Saturday, September 20, 2008

Christmas Frenzy

So last night, Leanne, Philippa and I braved the lightening and took ourselves off to Sunbry for a Christmas Card Workshop at Yvonne Campbells house. Firstly, thank you to Yvonne for making us feel very welcome, it was lovely to meet you, and we all enjoyed ourselves. If there is anything better than stamping, it has to be stamping in company. And secondly, thank you for the great designs. We got to make 6 cards in total all using the Seasons of Joy set. I have actually go this set and have only used it twice, so the workshop has opened up my eyes a little. I got inspired this morning and have made two more cards (to come so watch this space) using less traditional colors. The original inspiration has come somewhere from scs, but the kick up my butt to do something with this set definitely came from seeing some of Yvonne's terrific creations. So thanks again Yvonne, and thanks also to my travel buddies Philippa and Leanne. I had a really great night.
The recipe for last nights cards was old olive and real red cs, old olive, real read and river rock inks, real red small grosgrain ribbon and dashing dsp, glue dots, dimensionals & a heap of fun.

No comments: